- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Enough stamina for new goals and even longer adventures on the bike. The GARMIN Edge® 1040 Solar with integrated solar technology impresses with outstanding battery power. That means you don't have to worry about the reliable function of your cycling computer when you are on the road for a longer period of time.
Discover new ways to increase performance and endurance by using optional sensors to control your power input with Power Guide and keep an eye on your remaining energy with Stamina. Identify your personal strengths and weaknesses and get feedback on the requirements of the planned route. You can view the popularity maps to see the most travelled routes for road biking, gravel biking, trekking or MTB, recommended based on billions of kilometres. Precisely record your ride data thanks to multi-frequency reception of global satellite systems and conveniently adjust your settings directly on the device or via your smartphone.
In order to have enough data reserves for your cycling and performance values as well as extensive map material and software expansions, the internal memory has been increased to a generous 64 GB. With the GARMIN Edge® 1040 Solar you are in a first-class position in terms of performance.
Get the best out of you!
• SOLAR CHARGING: The Power Glass solar charging lens extends the battery life. You get up to 100 hours in energy-saving mode or up to 45 hours during complex use. For tours during the day (Ø 75,000 lux), you get up to 42 minutes more per hour in energy-saving mode, and up to 20 minutes more per hour during complex use.
• REAL-TIME STAMINA*: With the stamina data, you can assess how much power you still have during the tour. This helps you optimise your energy consumption during your activity and avoid premature exhaustion.
• CYCLING ABILITY AND ROUTE REQUIREMENTS*: Find out your strengths as a cyclist and compare them to the demands of a route so you can assess what you're up against.
• POWER GUIDE*: Find the optimal power input for your route and its elevation profile to create a power strategy for your route.
• FIND THE RIGHT INTENSITY*: Learn more about how your body reacts to the training. Save VO2max, recovery time, training load, training load focus and much more.
• TRAINING CONDITION*: How efficient is your training? Analyses automatically your recent training sessions and performance indicators to determine whether you are getting in shape with your training, have reached your peak, or overloaded.
• DAILY TRAINING SUGGESTIONS* You and your fitness level are taken into account in the daily training suggestions based on your current training load and your VO2max.
• SYNCHRONISE TRAINING PLANS: Get indoor and outdoor training plans from the app for your GARMIN Connect™ smart device or sync them seamlessly with the Edge from other apps like TrainingPeaks®. Special prompts remind you to complete a missed workout.
• HEAT AND ALTITUDE ACCLIMATISATION*: Prepare for any environment. Find out how your body adapts to different conditions with the heat and altitude acclimatisation.
• CLIMBPRO – PLAN CLIMBS CLEVERLY: Automatically see the remaining ascent and grade when you’re climbing while following a route or course. This helps you gauge your effort and see how much you have left to suffer. You can even save your climbs for postride review on your device or in the GARMIN Connect app.
• NUTRITION AND HYDRATION ALERTS: Get the insight you need to stay fueled, mile after mile. The Edge 1040 will notify you when it’s time to hydrate or eat.
• IMPROVE YOUR PEDAL STROKE*: The advanced cycling data provides insights into performance changes based on different conditions such as cycling position, bike configuration, trip duration and more.
• MTB DYNAMICS: Track the epic details of every ride with mountain biking metrics. The MTB downhill analysis offers extensive details about your last tour, jump count, airtime or flow and grit.
• IN FLOW – MTB DOWNHILL ANALYSIS: The Grit uses GPS, altitude and other data to determine the difficulty of the tour. The Flow indicates how fluid your riding style is during downhill rides, so that you have a score to beat next time.
When paired with compatible sensors (sold separately).
Discover wonderful places!
• MULTI-FREQUENCY SATELLITE RECEPTION: Precise positioning even in narrow mountain valleys and urban canyons: Use multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) for more precise position information than with just the use of GPS.
• TOURING-SPECIFIC MAPS: Find your way around like a local – no matter what bike you're riding. Optimised maps highlight popular roads and trails. What’s more, they offer searchable points of interest.
• TRAILFORKS APP: With routable worldwide MTB trail data and POIs from Trailforks, easily search for trails directly on your Edge 1040. Or download the Trailforks app to transfer your planned routes from the Trailforks website.
• CLEAR DISPLAY OF TRAILS: This mode automatically displays upcoming forks in the trail. It gives you context by showing where you are within a trail network.
• TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS: Never get lost with turn-by-turn directions and alerts that notify you of upcoming turns. Arrive at your destination safe and relaxed.
• ROUTE RECALCULATION: Feel free to pause route guidance and off-course notifications while you go off-course to explore. When you’re ready to get back on track, Edge 1040 will show you the way.
• SHIMANO STEPS E-BIKE SYSTEM: View a dedicated e-bike status screen, data fields and support for system status and warning messages. Even see assist level, gear position, battery life and more during a ride.
Protect yourself and your bike!
• COMPATIBILITY WITH INREACH® DEVICES: If you want to stay in touch even in remote areas, pair the Edge with a compatible inReach device (active satellite subscription required). View and reply to messages, share trip data and trigger interactive SOS alerts..
• SAFE WHILE ON THE GO THANK TO VARIA™: Pair the Edge 1040 bike computer with a Varia radar rear light, so you can see the traffic behind you and will be seen easily by approaching vehicles.
• INCIDENT DETECTION*: The Edge 1040 automatically sends a message with your location to pre-installed emergency contacts when an incident is detected.
• BIKE ALARM AGAINST THEFT*: The PIN-protected bike alarm will notify you on your smartphone if your bike is moved while you are taking a short break.
• WRITE GROUP MESSAGES*: Stay in touch with your fellow riders when you get separated from the group.
• GROUPTRACK FEATURE*: Keep an eye on your fellow riders, even when they fall out of sight. With GroupTrack, you can see up to 50 friends on the display at the same time.
Requires pairing with a compatible smartphone. Requirements and restrictions for safety and tracking features at Garmin.com/safety.
• SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Receive messages and alerts directly on your Edge when paired with a compatible smartphone.
• ALL DATA IN GARMIN CONNECT: With the GARMIN Connect app, you can analyse your performance and achievements even better, view them anywhere and share them with other members of the online community.
• CONNECT IQ™ SHOP: Download custom data fields and get apps and widgets from the GARMIN Connect IQ shop – directly from the Edge 1040 or a compatible smartphone (Connect IQ app required on the smartphone).
• COMPATIBLE WITH SMART TRAINERS: When you pair the Edge 1040 with a Tacx® indoor trainer, you can ride anywhere, anytime.
• QUICK SETUP: Be ready to ride fast, instead of wasting time configuring settings. Get prepopulated custom tour profiles based on your previous Edge bike computer, tour types or sensors. If the tour profiles are on the Edge, you can manage them directly on the device or a compatible smartphone.
• Multiband GNSS
• Barometric altimeter
• Ambient light sensor
Daily smart features:
• Smart Notifications
• Text response/reject phone call with text (Android™ only)
• Downloadable display designs, data fields, widgets and apps via GARMIN Connect IQ™ app
• Connect IQ™ Shop directly on the device
• Device settings via GARMIN Connect™ smartphone app with real-time synchronisation
• Virb® remote control
smartphone compatibility of Garmin Connect™ app (system requirements): http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/ble
Safety and tracking features:
• Group Livetrack
• Rider-to-rider messaging
• Incident detection
• Emergency assistance
• Find my Edge
• Bike alarm
• Weather alerts
• INREACH® compatible
Activity tracking features:
• Calories burned
Training, planning and analysis features
• Customisable screens
• Auto Pause®
• Interval training
• Advanced workouts
• Downloadable training plans
• Daily training suggestions
• Primary and secondary training goals
• Auto Lap®
• VO2Max (run)
• Stamina data in real time
• Training condition
• Training load
• Training load focus
• Cycling ability analysis
• Route requirement analysis
• Training Effect (aerobic)
• Recovery advisor
• Virtual Partner
• Virtual Racer™
• Trendline™ popularity routing
• Auto Scroll
• Physio TrueUp
Outdoor recreation features:
• ClimbPro™ ascent planner
• Cycle map: routable street maps (several regions preinstalled, others available for free download)
• Time or distance alert: when you reach a value you set, you get an alert
• Routes: race against previous activities
• On-device course creator
• On-device location search
• Power Guide
• Heatmaps for popular routes (road, gravel, touring, MTB)
• MTB Dynamics metrics
• Integrated Trailforks trail database
• Display of performance data from compatible power meters via ANT+™
• Compatible with Varia™ radar
• Compatible with Varia™ bike lights
• Edge® remote control
• Varia™ remote control
• Electronic shifting system (ANT+)*
• Shimano Di2 Synchro Shift integration
• Smart trainer operation
• External display (GARMIN watches can share data pages with the Edge®)
For Shimano Di2, you need an additional Shimano ANT+ transmitter SM-EW-WU111 for integration into the E-Tube system, available with prod. code 2238564.
• Display: transflective MIP colour display (memory-in-pixel, can be read easily in sunlight)
• Display size: 3.5” (8.9 cm)
• Display resolution: 282 x 470 px
• Control: touchscreen + three buttons
• Satellite reception: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Multiband GNSS
• Sensors: barometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, ambient light sensor
• Interfaces: Bluetooth®, ANT+®, WLAN
• Compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart (BLE) sensors
• Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
• 64 GB internal memory
• Waypoints: up to 200
• Routes: up to 100 routes
• Round duration: up to 200 hours
• Battery: integrated lithium-ion battery
• Compatible with GARMIN Charge Power Pack, available under prod. code 2265666
• Waterproof rating: IPX7 (protection against temporary submersion)
• Operating temperature range: -20 ºC to 60 ºC (-4 ºF to 140 ºF)
• Charging temperature range: 0 ºC to 45 ºC (32 ºF to 113 ºF)
• Dimensions: approx. 59.3 x 117.6 x 20 mm
• Weight: approx. 134 g (only device)
• Multiband GPS mode: up to 45 hours*
• Energy-saving mode: up to 100 hours*
(The battery life depends on the usage and the settings selected)
*Assuming outdoor use in 75,000 LUX lighting conditions (a cloudless sunny day reaches up to 100,000 LUX, a cloudy sky about 20,000 LUX)
In the box:
• 1 GARMIN Edge® 1040 Solar GPS bike computer
• 1 GARMIN standard mount
• 1 GARMIN Aero-combination handlebar mount
• 1 MTB handlebar mount
• 1 silicone cover black
• 1 Charging / data cable (USB-A to USB-C)
• 1x mounting strap
• 1 quick start manual/documentation
A USB power supply unit is not included.
Further optional accessories:
• GARMIN ANT+ HRM Dual™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code 2286881)
• GARMIN ANT+ speed and cadence sensor generation 2 (prod. code 2290558)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2314171)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2314169)
• GARMIN Rally™ RS200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2314168)
• GARMIN Rally™ RS100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2314167)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2314165)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2314164)
• GARMIN Varia™ RTL516 Radar with rear light (prod. code: 2303599)
• GARMIN Varia™ RCT716 radar rear light with dash cam (prod. code 2330311)
• GARMIN Edge® Handlebar Remote Control (prod. code 2098179)
- Heart rate:
- Power in watts:
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Smart Notifications:
- Display light:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: