- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Look forward, not behind!
With the GARMIN Varia™ RVR315 you can fully concentrate on the road and your training, because the smart radar watches your back in traffic. Connect the GARMIN radar with compatible smartphones, Edge computers or GARMIN wearables and receive graphic, acoustic or vibration alerts about approaching vehicles. The GARMIN Varia radar acts like your digital rear-view mirror, registering up to eight vehicles simultaneously and transmitting the data in real time to your device. This way you have an eye on the traffic behind you even on curves, can assess their speed of approach and adjust your behaviour accordingly. The slim graphic is integrated into GARMIN devices on the side of the display and for smartphones it is compatible with the free Varia app as well as many third-party apps. So you always have the traffic on your radar and don’t need to give up training or navigation features. Because which counts is that which lies before you!
Stay safe on the road with the GARMIN Varia™ RVR315:
• SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING BEHIND YOU: The Varia RVR315 radar provides visual and acoustic alarms that warn you of vehicles approaching from behind at a distance of up to 140 metres. So you know what is happening behind you during the ride.
• EDGE/SMARTPHONE COMPATIBLE: The smart and compact radar can be paired with your Edge bike computer or a compatible smartphone as well as certain Garmin wearables or the optional radar display - even synchronized as required.
• COMPATIBLE WITH THE VARIA APP: With the Smartphone app you can now get the warning right away on your phone. Graphics, as well as audio and vibration alerts indicate the position and speed of approaching cars.
• COMPATIBLE WITH THIRD PARTY APPS: When used with a compatible smartphone, the Varia radar integrates with your favourite apps such as Ride with GPS to add a layer over the map showing radar alerts.
• COMPACT AND ELEGANT DESIGN: You can easily mount the elegant, compact radar on seat posts of almost any type of bikes for road use. The vertical design prevents unwanted leg contact.
• LONG BATTERY LIFE: Wouldn’t you rather be spending your time on a tour than waiting for your device to charge? Enjoy a battery life of up to 7 hours.
• Approaching vehicle alarm for bicycles
• StVZO approved and suitable for all types of bikes (within Germany)
• Recognizes approaching vehicles and warns you over paired end devices
• Registers up to 8 vehicles up to 140 metres away
• Warns over a display graphic, warning sound, or vibration alert (depending on the end device)
• Compatible with many GARMIN Edge bike computers, GARMIN wearables, smartphones (iPhone, Android) and the Varia Vision In-sight display
• Compatible with the free GARMIN Varia app as well as third-party apps such as Ride with GPS
• LED indicates battery capacity, pairing and charging status
• Aerodynamic design
• Rechargeable with included USB cable
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX 7
• Universal holder for the vertical installation on the seatpost
• Beam width of radar: 40°
• Vehicle recognition: up to 8 vehicles
• Radar recognition range: up to 140 m
• Radar speed recognition range: 10 to 160 km/h
• Battery type: rechargeable, integrated lithium-ion battery
• Battery life: up to 7 hours
• ANT+®: yes
• Bluetooth Smart (BLE): yes
• Smartphone compatibility*: iPhone® (iOS 11.0 or later), Android™ (5.0 or later)
• Water rating: IPX7
• Operating temperature range: -20° C to 50°C
• Charging temperature range: 0 to 40° C
• Radio frequencies: 2.4 GHz at 4 dBm (nominal); 24 GHz at 12 dBm (nominal)
• Dimensions: approx. 40 x 72 x 20 mm
• Weight: approx. 51 g
In the box:
• 1 x GARMIN Varia™ RVR 315 Radar
• 1 x assembly set
• 1 USB charging/data cable
Compatible GARMIN devices*:
D2 Delta, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta S, Edge 1000, Edge 1030 (product code: 2263925), Edge 1030 Plus (product code: 2303403), Edge 130 (product code: 2275938), Edge 130 Plus (product code: 2303400), Edge 25, Edge 520, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 530 (product code: 2288282), Edge 810, Edge 820, Edge 830 (product code: 2288285), Edge Explore 1000, Edge Explore 820, fēnix 5 (product code: 2257946), fēnix 5 Plus, fēnix 5S (product code: 2257932), fēnix 5X, fēnix 5X Plus, fēnix Chronos, fēnix 6 (product code: 2293963), fēnix 6 Pro/Sapphire (product code: 2293966), fēnix 6S (product code: 2293961), fēnix 6S - Pro/Sapphire (product code: 2293964), fēnix 6X - Pro/Sapphire (product code: 2293967), fēnix 6 Pro Solar (product code: 2304528), fēnix 6S Pro Solar (product code: 2304526), fēnix 6X Pro Solar, Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 935 (product code: 2259554), Forerunner 945 (product code: 2289502), tactix Charlie, tactix Delta - Sapphire, Varia Vision In-sight Display, vívoactive 3 (product code: 2272591), vívoactive 4 (product code: 2296953), vívoactive 4S (product code: 2296954), vívoactive HR
If you are interested in the radar function and also want a strong rear light, check out the Garmin RTL516 Radar with an integrated rear bike light under product code 2303599.
The device merely shows vehicles that are going faster than you. The radar is therefore not suited to keeping an eye on those following you in a race.
This device can improve situational awareness. It should not replace the cyclist’s alertness and judgment of situations. Always be aware of your surroundings and follow the rules for safe riding.
- Brake light:
- Standard battery:
- Rechargeable battery: