- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
With the EXPRESS MIPS bike helmet by smith optics, you are perfectly equipped for city trips and everyday tours. A modern, clean look with a trendy design makes this city helmet a must-have for the urban jungle. A further highlight: The integrated MIPS system offers particularly good protection in the event of falls with rotational impact. Last but not least, the unisex urban helmet scores with its already integrated and, if needed, removable rear light.
• Unisex city bike helmet for applications such as urban cycling, commuting
• Lightweight INMOLD construction
• MIPS impact protection system reduces rotational forces
• Precise fitting system on the back of the head
• 13 vents for even air circulation
• Light, single-layer strap for individual adjustment
• Removable and washable padding inside
• Cutouts for a space-saving storage of eyewear
• Removable fabric visor
• Integrated and removable rear light
• Reflective design elements
• CE EN1078, CPSC
• Weight: approx. 330 g (size M)
In the box:
• 1 smith optics SMITH EXPRESS MIPS city helmet
Highlights & Technologies:
The liner is fused with the outer shell under high pressure and strong heat for a lasting connection. This makes the helmet very robust and lightweight.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES MIPS WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow down or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
The reflective design elements attached to the clothing as decoration do not represent a personal protective equipment as mentioned in EU regulation 2016/425. Thus, they are also not covered by the provisions of the regulation.
- Rechargeable battery:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Helmet features: