- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ - the front wheel for any purpose, paired with modern disc brakes!
The 404 series is a real all-rounder and a true classic, a standout among the US premium manufacturer’s portfolio. This series started the ZIPP Firecrest™ Revolution in 2010, with their rim profile designed according to the wishes and needs of competitive riders and triathletes. It stands for extreme stiffness, aerodynamics, reliability, and stability.
For the 2022 model year, ZIPP has given its almost legendary Speed Weapon a hookless rim for tubeless tyres, which enables an almost seamless transition between rim flanks and tyre, further minimising wind resistance. At the same time, the rim has become lighter, so that the weight of the wheel is even lower compared to its predecessor. It is tubeless-ready and has a inner rim width of 23 mm, so the ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ can handle the modern trend towards wider road bike tyres, while also providing low rolling resistance, increased comfort, and improved grip when riding tubeless.
This high-end carbon rim was handmade in Indianapolis (USA) and has a symmetrical, 58 mm high rim profile. It can achieve its aerodynamic potential in a variety of disciplines – whether triathlon, time trial, sprints or classic stage racing, including mountain stages. Thanks to the ABLC™ dimples, the wheel Firecrest™ rim profile has excellent aerodynamic properties, as well as very high side wind stability (AeroBalance™). You’ll be even faster, despite putting in the same amount of power, and can shave off a few seconds when it counts.
• Firecrest™ technology: The rim profile has rounded edges with a consistent width - this counteracts crosswinds and lets you control your wheel better.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): The many small nodes on the rim’s outer surface optimise the aerodynamic balance and improve crosswinds stability.
• Rim material: carbon (UD finish)
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim profile: hookless, symmetrical
• Size: 28" / 700C
• ETRTO: 23-622
• Rim width/height: approx. 28 mm / 58 mm
• Inner rim width: 23 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Max. tyre pressure: 5.03 bars (73 PSI)
• Spoke type: Sapim CX-Ray J-Bend aero spokes
• Number of spokes: 24
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Spoke nipples: Sapim Secure Lock (aluminium)
• Hub type: ZR1
• Double-sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – doesn’t require preload
• Brake disc mount: Center Lock
• Front hub spacing: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Maximum recommended rider’s weight: 113 kg
• Weight: approx. 680 g
In the box:
• 1 ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ Carbon Disc Brake Road bike front wheel 2022
ZIPP wheels with hookless rims are only approved for use with tubeless and/or tubeless-ready tyres. However, an inner tube can be used with a compatible tubeless/tubeless-ready tyre.
Under the following link you will find a continuously updated list of tyre models that are designated by the respective manufacturer as compatible with ZIPP wheels that have hookless rims.
- Freehub body:
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 12 x 100 mm